Choosing the Best Coffee Maker
Do you love coffee? We do too!
For many of us coffee lovers, sipping on coffee is much like drowning all our stress and fatigue! But, we cannot always splurge on expensive latte, can we? Who wants to spend 10-20 bucks every day for few cups of coffee! Yes, it’s alright to visit a café for a refreshing cup of coffee with friends on some days but what if you take coffee more seriously than that? Well, you should get a coffee maker for daily use in that case!
Do you like to experiment with your coffee or are a regular about drip coffee or percolator coffee? Are you fond of lattes or drinking on the move? Settling for the best coffee maker suiting your daily needs can be exasperating; there are just too many coffee makers with varied set of features and price brackets available nowadays. This is where you will find this website useful. We enlighten you on different aspects of one coffee maker at a time.
Buying a high end coffee maker with too many features may leave you frustrated for having spent too much on a machine which has some feature that you may never use. On the other hand, picking up a basic gear standard drip machine could limit you as it will not allow you to enjoy the luxury of other types of coffee.
Before settling for a machine, you must draw up your requirements that are in tune with your taste and suit your budget as well.
Here on this website, we have picked out a list of the best coffee makers and have scrutinized the features embedded on the machines of different brands. Reading through will help you to choose a coffee machine that is most suited to your needs.
Which Coffee Machine Should You Buy?
The market has innumerable options of worthy to not-so-good coffeemakers to choose from, nevertheless, all of these coffeemakers may not be tailor-made for your purpose. To ease everything for you, here’s a sneak-peek into different types of coffee makers you will find at popular retail websites like Amazon:
Drip Coffee Makers:
Inexpensive and easy-to-use, these types of coffeemaker are undoubtedly the most commonly found coffeemakers in households across the world. And, if you have a budget, you can also go for drip brewers with built-in grinders for fresher and richer brews.
Some functions of these brewers:
- Strength Adjuster: To match the brew to your taste and preference, some models come with “strength adjuster” vis-à-vis which you can adjust the strength of your brew.
- Clock/Timer: Most of the drip brewers come with clocks or timers which let you preset the time you want your brew ready. It’s a very helpful feature for people who are always on the go!
- Pause Button: If you need to get a cup of java right now, and cannot wait for the whole brewing process to get over, just hit the pause button, and get your cuppa ready!
- Permanent Coffee Filter: Nowadays, most of the modern drip brewers come with coffee filters made of plastic; this frees you from buying and changing paper filters every now and then.
- Coffee Grinder: Some machines come with built-in coffee grinders for people who love to drink freshly brewed, aromatic cuppa always. These let you grind your own coffee beans roasted to your taste and preference!
Key Benefits of Drip Brewers:
- No matter whether you’re good at handling appliances or not, with these brewers, anyone can brew lovely cups of coffee to excellence. Just place a filter paper, add coffee ground according to your preference, and fill the reservoir with water. Press the button, and relax! That’s it. In some time, you shall have your cup of coffee ready!
- Being fully automatic and programmable (at least most of them), these coffeemakers are great for all those who are short on time in the morning and need a cup of coffee first thing in the morning.
- Most of the drip brewers can brew 12 to 14 cups of coffee, making these perfect for the large families, or for those who love to have their friends over on a regular basis.
Single Cup Coffeemaker:
If you stay alone, or are the lone coffee aficionado in the family, single cup coffeemakers are ideal for you. They have the capability to brew you a lovely cuppa in no time! And, if you’re looking for the ideal single cup coffeemaker, Keurig has some amazing options for you.
With a Keurig single cup coffeemaker, you can brew prepackaged coffee cups or pods to perfection. And, being prepackaged, they have all the qualities that you need to brew a perfect cup of Java.
The special prepackaged coffee cups or pods are designed to fit into these Keurig machines properly. The water gets filtered through the pods or cups, and the coffee is brewed by the touch of a single button.
Additional Features of the Modern Single Cup Coffee Brewers:
- Programmable Clock: Thanks to the programmable clocks or timers, brewing cups of coffee becomes all the easier, and makes these machines ideal for household usages.
- Strength Adjuster: Like the drip brewers, herein too, you have got option to change the strength of your coffee according to your taste and preferences.
- Precision Temperature Control: This is a modern feature that helps you to select the temperature at which you want your coffee to be brewed.
- Filtration: Now get the water free from foreign particles and chlorine abuse by switching on this filtration setting. This helps you to brew a fresh and tastier cup of coffee always.
- Adjust Size: If you want to have coffee with a layer of fresh cream on top, you may leave a bit of room to your cup by adjusting the size of your cuppa.
French Coffee Press:
The French Coffee Press was developed in the 1800s, and therefore, brews coffee in a very traditional way.
For example, in spite of some amazing technological advancements, the French Coffee Press uses the age old form of coffee press pot. But thanks to its very easy interface and simplicity of usage, the French Coffee Press has been one of the most popular coffeemakers around the world. It is especially loved by the coffee connoisseurs all around the world.
These are not only very simple to use but their efficiency in brewing lovely cuppas sans electricity is considered as a major hit!
Brew a Fresh Cup of Coffee Using These Simple Steps:
- Put coarsely ground coffee into the cylindrical pot, and pour over boiling water.
- Stir well, and keep aside for some time putting the lid on tightly.
- Depending on your taste and preference, allow the coffee to brew for approximately two to seven minutes.
- Now, slowly push the filter plunger into the cylinder so that the coffee grounds hit the bottom of the cylinder.
- Immediately pour out the coffee lest you want really bitter coffee.
Key Benefits of a French Press:
- It works sans electricity.
- It’s elegantly designed with a tall glass cylinder, a metal filter and a plunger.
- You just need boiling water and coarsely ground coffee to brew yourself a lovely and aromatic cuppa.
Espresso and Specialty Coffee Machines
If you’re a serious coffee drinker who loves a quick dose of caffeine, the Espresso Coffeemakers are perfect for you. The machine first appeared in the 1800s in Italy, and since then, it has become one of the world’s favorite coffeemakers.
The best thing about these machines is that they have been able to keep pace with the technological advancements, and likewise, have found ways to deserve a place in the modern households and kitchens.
Benefits of the Espresso Coffeemakers:
Designed to accept both dark and light roasts, certain amazing benefits of these coffeemakers are as follows—
- The machine will wrap up 1 espresso shot at a time though you may set the option on for innumerable coffee shots.
- However, certain modern machines come with the option of using a dual spout. With these on, you may brew two espresso shots at the same time, or even wrap up a strong, double espresso shot.
- The adjustable shot length is also a great feature that helps you to adjust the shot limit according to your preference.
- Like the drip coffeemakers, certain modern espresso coffeemakers come with programmable settings which make them all the easier to use.
What to Look For When Choosing the Best Coffeemaker?
- Your Coffeemaker Style Preferences: When you’re out to buy the perfect coffeemaker for your home, you will notice that most of the coffeemakers are of the counter-top variety. However, if you have a less spacious kitchen, a combo unit may just be perfect for you. You may settle for a microwave-coffeemaker combo, or anything else according to your preference. Built-in coffeemakers are also great, though a bit pricier, options for your kitchen. Consider buying them when you remodel your kitchen!
Make sure the coffeemaker you chose blends well with the kitchen décor as well as other appliances. You may select from a vast range of “finishes”—from a stainless steel finish to a plush black finish to finishes in myriad colors!
- Coffee maker Capacity: Choose a coffeemaker keeping in mind how many coffee drinkers are there in your family. If you have a fairly large family or love to have guests over frequently, a 12-14 cup drip brewer may be perfect for you; else, you may settle for a single to 4-cup brewer. Selection also depends on how much and how frequently you wish to savor your cuppas!
What are the Important Features that Matter in a Coffeemaker?
Some important features to keep in mind while selecting the best coffeemaker for daily use are as follows—
- Brew Selector to brew the coffee as per your desired strength.
- Auto Shut-off is a major feature that guarantees you safety while saving up energy.
- ‘Pause and Serve’ is an option that allows you to savor a cuppa while the brewing is still under process.
- Programmable setting that allows you to savor a freshly brewed cup of Joe right the first thing in the morning.
Convenient Features to Look Out For:
Some convenient features that you should always look out for while purchasing the perfect coffeemaker are listed below—
- Water Level Indicator
- Water Filter
- Hands-Free Serving
- A Proper Pouring Spout for Drip-less Pouring
- A Permanent and Reusable Filter Basket
- Audible Indicator After the Brewing or Warming Cycle is Completed
- A Comfortable Handle Design