Review: Bodum Chambord – The Coffee Maker Review
Coffee lovers know the virtues of a French press and will go to great lengths to nurture their passion. You need to try out a coffee cup brewed in this machine to experience what you have been missing out as a coffee lover. Ardent coffee drinkers are in agreement that a French press at home is the best device for making café style gourmet coffee. This coffee maker, ideally suited for small kitchens, makes every cup suited to your personal taste without much of a fuss. The sleek and tall design of the machine takes up little kitchen space.
You may have spotted this device in Dwell magazine display spreads and always desired to own one of them. The classic design and the coffee excellence that it promises, does catch the fancy of many ardent coffee fans. Not just hot brews, the machine works pretty well as a cold brew press too. So you get two machines for the price of one.
What are the Main Features of the Bodum Chambord Coffee Maker
- Capacity of 8 cups – The coffee maker can brew upto eight cups at one go. Just pour your coffee, stir it a little, press the plunger and let it sit for 24 hours.
- Good quality carafe – The carafe is made of fine quality thermal glass. So it might look dainty but it is a tough cookie. The device also includes a scoop for coffee and a permanent filter.
- Different sizes – The coffee maker is available in four different sizes so pick one suiting your needs. You may want to consider the available kitchen counter space as well as the cabinet/box where you intend to store it (if you want that) when not in use.
- Patented lock lid system – This coffee maker will never splash hot brew on you. Even when you press the plunger, the lid ensures the hot water stays inside in the French press. So, there is no reason for you to worry about getting any burns now or anytime in future just because you are not always careful with such appliances.
- Stainless steel frame –The frame and the lid of the coffee maker have chrome plating, which stays just the same for many years. The plunger is made of stainless steel.
- Ergonomic handle – The handle of the carafe is made of polypropylene that gives it a firm non-slip grip. All plastic parts of the coffee maker are BPA free. Yet another reason for you to be happy about!
- Black and white imprints – The coffee marker comes with clear markings, making it easy for everyday use. The markings in white are for the quantity in ounces and the ones in black, helps you count the number of cups.
Chief Advantages of the Bodum Chambord
- Flavorful coffee – Even hard to please snobbish coffee lovers agree that the brew from this coffee maker is most flavorful and rich.
- Visual delight – The coffee maker has very stylish looks that will blend well with your kitchen top. Even after you pour coffee from it, it looks just as pretty.
- Reason for entertaining – This coffee maker can become a part of a collector’s item for a coffee lover. It gives you a valid reason to call over friends and flaunt it to them.
- No paper filters – This is one of the best features of this coffee maker as there is no requirement for any additional paper filters.
- Very easy to clean – Once the plunger gets locked with the catcher, you just need to pull it out in order to remove the coffee grounds. Some mild soap and warm water should do an easy cleaning job.
Is this the perfect French Press for you?
It comes very close to being perfect, but is not one. No matter what the makers claim, it definitely takes a little longer to get the coffee ready. Some users also observed presence of sediment in the coffee. It should work best with a coarse grind, which of course would increase brewing time a little. So if you want a good cup of coffee, simply focus on pouring water at the right temperature and seep the coffee for the right time period. Overall, the coffee maker is a good buy if you wish to enjoy good coffee every day and want a product that will last many years. Click here to find this coffee maker at the best price online and read reviews by certified consumers.