Review: Breville Bdc600xl YouBrew Drip Coffee Maker Review
The Breville Bdc600xl YouBrew Drip Coffee Maker is the first coffee maker that claims to make tailor-made coffee for a carafe, a travel mug or for a cup. At least five years of research has gone into the design and functionality of this machine. The designers at Breville claim that they have pretty much taken into consideration every variable related to a coffee maker.
The Breville Bdc600xl YouBrew Drip Coffee Maker ideally suits those coffee lovers who like to have coffee from freshly ground beans and don’t want to choose between a coffee maker that makes a single cup or many. The reason why this coffee maker is so popular is because it is very easy to customize everything as per the needs. The machine offers the best of both worlds – the features of a fully automated coffee maker and the flexibility of a single serve.
The coffee maker in a way offers you endless possibilities. If you choose to invest in this coffee maker, you can be sure that your every cup of coffee will be rich, delicious and taste most flavorful.
Features of the Breville Bdc600xl YouBrew Drip Coffee Maker
- 7 innovative brew settings – The coffee maker offers you seven variable settings which are determined by the amount of coffee you put in the coffee maker.
- 5 settings for flavor – You can also pick five different flavor profiles. The settings will vary in the time that the coffee is soaked for and the amount of water sprayed on them.
- Integrated burr grinder – The coffee maker has a power packed burr grinder built inside it. It grinds the beans according to your taste and since it does the grinding right before the brewing, the coffee is flavorful, and full of aroma.
- A unique BrewIQ system – The coffee maker makes sure that the exact amount of coffee is sprayed with the precise amount of water. The greatest feature of this machine is its ability to maintain the optimum temperature of water.
- Directly in the cup – Although this is a fully automated coffee maker, it offers you the additional flexibility of a single serve, where the coffee can be brewed directly into your cup or travel mug. And if you are not interested in that, the coffee stays warm in the thermal carafe. The carafe has a capacity of 12 cups and it sits on a very effective thermal warming plate.
- A top filling water tank – You also get the comfort of easy filling and a swing out door that allows you easy access to the coffee basket. There is an LCD display which goes red when filling is due.
- The coffee basket – The machine comes with a gold tone filter and is fully compatible with paper filters too.
- Excellent quality – The plastic parts of the coffeemaker are completely BPA free.
- Comes with a unique cleaning brush – In the coffee maker, there is a brush which can be used for cleaning the chute for grinds. There is a removable grind catcher too that makes cleaning very easy.
Advantages of the Breville Bdc600xl YouBrew Drip Coffee Maker
- Customized coffee – It is sure to impress you with its flexibility. You can brew coffee in 8oz, 10oz or 12 cups. Making coffee with this device is effortless, well almost!
- Impressive strength – Not many coffee makers offer you so much choice in the strength of coffee. While other machines struggle at producing the perfect cup of coffee, it seems to have mastered that art.
- The flavor profile – Most coffee makers only offer you choice in the brew strength. But this coffee maker actually offers you five flavors to choose from, light to bold.
- Very easy to use – All this talk about technology might make you feel that the coffee maker is complicated to operate. But we can assure you that it is a very easy machine to operate. It has a blue-black lit display which tells you exactly what options to choose. It practically tells you what the machine is doing at every stage.
- No trouble in cleaning – Similar to the indication of the water level, the LCD display will also tell you when it is time to clean it. Just use the cleaning brush that comes with it. The carafe can be cleaned under water and since the exteriors are of stainless steel, it looks as good as new for many years.
- No hassle of filters – The coffee maker comes with a top quality gold tone filter. You don’t need any paper filter with it. But if you like your coffee the conventional way, you can still use a paper filter in it.
- Fully programmable – The coffee maker can be fed the settings even 24 hours in advance. Just feed in the settings in the auto start program and when you wake up, your coffee will be ready.
Is This The Coffee Maker For You?
The only con that we could find was the fact that the carafe was not dish washer friendly. Otherwise, this coffee maker is almost perfect. The class and the sophistication of this coffee maker have impressed thousands of consumers already! Click here to find this coffee maker at the best price online or read reviews by other consumers.