Review: BUNN St. Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer Review
An average coffee maker, the BUNN Velocity Brew comes with really simple and useful features that are quite easy to use, enabling you to brew a cup of coffee in well under five minutes. And the good news is that it makes almost no noise at all.
So, if you are someone who needs a piping hot cup of coffee really fast before heading out to office or when you reach home after an exhausting day, this coffee maker will not disappoint you.
Before You Buy: What You Should Know About this Coffee Maker
- Great tasting coffee: If you get hold of a good machine like Bunn ST Velocity Brew, the coffee you brew will have good taste. Change its filter to reusable one and you can have amazingly tasty coffee always.
- Sturdy Construction: The coffee maker is made mostly with stainless steel. That been said, the coffee maker will last for a really long time. There hasn’t been a single case of a user reporting low product shelf life. So, if you’re purchasing this product, you can be sure of its longevity.
- Looks good: Shiny surface makes this machine beautiful to look at; it will suit any kind of kitchen décor! To get a better idea, we suggest you take a closer look at the product pictures on Amazon.
- Using the coffee maker: If you want a piping hot cup of coffee, you can first fill in and clean the carafe using warm water. Since the machine uses thermos 101, this step becomes mandatory. You must also make it a point to plug on this machine 15 minutes before brewing so that the water is hot enough. This may, however, be quite irksome when you’re on the move. Otherwise, this coffee maker is perhaps the simplest of all and doesn’t make use of any whistles or bells. Yes, you do need to preheat the water before brewing coffee, but that toil is absolutely worth the kind of coffee you get.
- Price: The BUNN Coffee Brewer is neither too expensive nor too cheap. It is priced at around $155. It isn’t as bad as those all-plastic coffee makers or as good as high-end machines that would cost you several hundred dollars.
- Noiseless: Unlike many products in the market, this brewer is completely noiseless. This becomes quite relaxing when you come home tiresome and just want to savor your favorite beverage peacefully.
- Jet-Speed Brew: Not every brewer in the market can provide you with an aromatic and tasty cup of java within 5 minutes.
According to some reviewers, the BUNN St. Velocity Brewer fails to retain the strong taste of the coffee. This is mostly due to the poor quality paper filters that miss out on some of the bitterness. However, this limitation can be dealt with by using re-usable coffee filters. And, if you’re okay with not-so-strong coffee, you may just continue using the existing filter.
If you find your coffee completely tasteless, as did one of the reviewers (a minority but we should mention it), you should check with BUNN immediately. It may be because you got a defective piece that needs replacement.
Should You Buy this Coffee Maker?
Besides the numerous benefits, this product also comes with a bunch of drawbacks. Firstly, you have to keep the machine plugged in always; secondly, you have to use pre-heated water every time; and, last but not the least, you may have a hard time measuring the quantity of water. However, if you think you can tackle these small issues, this coffee maker with a promise of long life and good coffee everyday is a good investment. Click here to read reviews by real people who used this coffee maker and find it at the best price online.