Review: Cuisinart DCC-2600 Brew Central Coffeemaker Review
Looking for a great coffeemaker that in spite of coming at a budget price will never fail to provide the perfect flavorful cup? The Cuisinart Brew Central comes with flavor settings that allow you to brew an aromatic cup of coffee, the strength of which will depend on the preference of the drinker!
Still wondering whether it’ll suit your style and preference, and whether it is worth your budget or not? Continue reading!
What Are The Main Features Of This Brewer?
The market is flooded with coffeemakers of different varieties. So what makes this particular Cuisinart model different and unique? We’ve enumerated few important features of this machine below:
- Adjustable Flavor Setting: The first thing that you will notice about this machine is that it comes with an option of brewing “regular” and “bold” coffee. For any coffee drinker who takes his cup of coffee seriously, this brewer is a hit!
- Adjustable Temperature Setting: In this model, Cuisinart has come with adjustable temperature for the heating plates. The feature makes sure that you don’t have to drink too hot or too cold a cup of coffee. However, this doesn’t work great for people who really love a piping hot cup of coffee. Sometimes, all you may get is a lukewarm cup of coffee. You have been warned.
- Auto Shut-off Timer: With a pre-programmable auto shut-off timer, now you can set your machine to auto shut-off after one to four hours of a standby period. This is indeed an important feature, especially for people who are always on the go!
- Durability an Issue: This machine has reportedly seen many cases where it goes faulty once the warranty period gets over. Besides, this machine may not survive regular usage—even if it means using twice daily. So, considering this, your investment may go wasted.
- Reported Leakages. Yes, leakage is an issue with this machine. While brewing coffee, some amount is spilled around, creating a mess on your kitchen counter. If you are someone who doesn’t really like cleaning appliances every now and then, you should better avoid this getting this machine. It might test your patience every other day.
- Quality: Although the machine looks sleek and modern, it doesn’t last you really long. Given the amount of money you will spend on this one, it’s quite an investment to make.
What Are The Advantages Of The Machine?
In spite of there being hundreds of other brewer models around, this machine has made a name for itself. Is it just the brand name or does this brewer have some amazing specialties of its own. Let’s find out.
- Price is a hit: You may not get a better model that allows you to choose between a regular and a bold cup at such an amazing rate. So, if you want a decent brewer on a budget, here it is.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: No matter what type of kitchen décor you have, this sleek, modern and regal brewer will adorn every type of kitchen décor to excellence. But don’t forget to keep it squeaky clean always!
- Brew Speed: If you’re making 14 cups of coffee at one go, this model does it quite fast. However, for a cup or two, the brew speed may not be ideal.
- Versatile: With its amazing heating plate, temperature and brew adjustment facilities and auto-shut off system, this sleek and modern brewer is indeed versatile. Besides, the brand goodwill of Cuisinart always has a role to play in this fame!
Are there any negatives?
Like all the other machines around, this one too has a set of negatives. If you have to brew 14 cups on a daily basis, this machine may not guarantee the perfect strength. The lifecycle too may be shorter than you expect upon heavy usage. But for a cup of java or two daily, it is just perfect. You will like the coffee only if you don’t mind its lukewarm nature. If you’re a lover of strong, piping hot cup of java, steer clear of this product. Leakage is another issue which may prompt you to choose another product over this one.
Final Words on Cuisinart DCC-2600
If you have a strict budget, and want a decent brewer with few programmable features, this may be just the right coffee maker you are looking for. Otherwise, with its not so promising durability (it’s definitely not built to last but it will stay around for a while and serve you well) and somewhat inefficient heating system, you may just want to spend more and get a more advanced coffee maker for home/office use.
Go for it only if your budget asks you to, otherwise, there are some better options available from the same brand and others too! Click here to find Cuisinart DCC-2600 at the lowest price online.