Review: Filtron Cold Water Coffee Concentrate Brewer – Coffee Maker Review
Cold brew is getting plenty of attention from the world of coffee aficionados. Cold coffee is much less irritating on the stomach and that’s what most people love about it. The people, who cannot drink hot coffee at home/work, turn to the cold brew version. There is no discomfort and hardly any of the symptoms associated with drip coffee are reported by cold coffee drinkers. The second reason people switch to a cold brew is because of its unique flavor. And if you too love cold brew coffee, no matter the reason, you should glance through the specs of Filtron Cold Water Coffee Concentrate Brewer. It’s quite popular with cold brew coffee enthusiasts and as you read through this post, the reasons would become obvious.
The coffee from the Filtron Cold Water Coffee Concentrate Brewer is very smooth, almost sweet and has no acidic tones to it. The coffee definitely does not taste like your regular cup of coffee.
What is a cold brew?
Cold brew is a unique method of brewing coffee in which cold water is used instead for preparation. The coffee is brewed at room temperature. And since the water is at room temperature, the brewing time is much longer. The elongated soaking time of 24 to 48 hours contributes to the fine taste and body of the coffee. The amount of oils extracted over such a long duration too is high.
No wonder, the resultant coffee is full of aroma and taste.
It is also called cold press coffee, but that can be misleading as no pressure is applied here. But please note that cold brew is not ice coffee, which can be made by cooling a cup of hot coffee. The coffee from the Filtron Cold Water Coffee Concentrate Brewer can be used to make hot and cold coffee, lattes and macchiatos. The model is very easy to use and promises to offer excellent coffee for a long period of time.
Main Features of the Filtron Cold Water Coffee Concentrate Brewer
Filtron is a well known name in the market for cold brews. With this coffee maker, you can brew your stock at one go; it will last you for weeks.
- Small and compact – The coffee maker is compact and easy to handle. It can brew 50 ounces of coffee at one time.
- Filter recommendations – The model comes with instructions, directing you to use a 1lb brew. This can be diluted in a proportion of 1:6.
- Dual brewing system – In this cold brew maker, there are two main components. The container on the top is for storing water and the coffee grounds. There is a rubber stopper too which prevents brew leakage. The lower component is the decanter and it can hold up to 50 ounces.
- Grounds guard – The coffee maker has guard that can be fixed on top of the grounds; its job is to prevent them from floating. The guard ensures the saturation is correct so that you get an evenly brewed cup of coffee.
Advantages of This Cold Coffee Maker
This device offers you a whole new experience of coffee drinking. It is nothing like your regular cup of coffee from a coffee maker that uses hot water.
- Great Alternative – The Filtron System is a great choice for people who are looking to upgrade their coffee. You can bid goodbye to your days of drinking hot brewed coffee.
- Freedom to enjoy – You don’t need to brew a whole pot of coffee. Just pour yourself a cup, add cream or ice and enjoy smooth and flavorful coffee.
- Impressive shelf life – The concentrate from the Filtron Cold Water Coffee Concentrate Brewer has a shelf life of six weeks.
- For power drinkers – The coffeemaker is very popular amongst power drinkers. They vouch for the strength of the coffee which stays the same on the first and the sixth cup of coffee.
- Solid design – The cold brewer is made of top grade materials and will last out for a long time. You get total value for money.
- Charming model – It has a felt pad for a filter. You just need to dump a pound of coffee and top it with water. Wait for 24 hours, pull the plug and drain the extract. Making awesome cold coffee cannot be simpler than that.
What’s Negative about This Coffee Maker?
It’s an excellent cold brew maker overall and we could only find very few disadvantages. First, some people may find it tad over their budgets. Second, it may not be so easy to find replacement parts in future, should the need arise. Third, you need to the usage instructions at least two to three times to fully understand the brewing process. The limited capacity of carafe (1.5 liters) may also disappoint some.
On the whole, the Filtron Cold Water Coffee Concentrate Brewer promises to deliver a unique and satisfactory cold coffee drinking experience. Coffee quality is the best in class; construction quality is superb and therefore, the coffee maker is likely to last several years; cleaning and using the coffee is fairly easy. Click here to find this coffee maker at the best price online.