Review: Mypressi Twist Portable Espresso Maker – Espresso Maker Review
An inexpensive and versatile model, this coffee maker needs no external source of power. A premium quality coffee maker, it produces real and tasty espresso. Do you like the idea of sipping on homemade espresso? Read on to learn more about this portable coffee maker!
You just need freshly ground coffee or standard capsules for this coffee maker. Your days of pumping, compressing and priming will be a thing of the past. And if you thought that was all, let us tell you that there’s a whole lot more to this coffee maker, priced around $150 on popular websites such as Amazon.
It requires no power input and works on standard cartridges of Nitrous Oxide (N2O). One charger will produce four shots in total and therefore, you will need a regular supply of these chargers. One shot, keeping in mind that you will need to use a cartridge, will cost just about 0.16 cents. Given the fact that the coffee maker delivers delicious espresso, we think that this ongoing expenditure is completely justified.
A stylish product, it has also won many awards. It is all set to create a revolution in hand held espresso coffee makers market. As you read more about it, your outlook on how to prepare a real espresso at home will sure begin to change. The Mypressi Twist Portable Espresso Maker was awarded the best consumer product for the year 2009-10. The product is fully compliant with all the guidelines of SCAA.
If you are looking for a portable, easy to use espresso maker, this may just be the right choice for you. It promises to deliver a cup of delicious and smooth espresso everytime. You can make double shots or single shots with coffee grounds or pods.
Can coffee making be simpler than this? All you need to do is, fill in the coffee, pour in some hot water and just pull the trigger. In a matter of seconds, your homemade cup of espresso will be ready. You don’t have to deal with any complicated settings, messy dials or remember any kind of complicated instructions.
Features of the Mypressi Twist Portable Espresso Maker
The coffee maker looks small but packs a punch.
- No power required – The coffee maker needs no power. It can run on standard Nitrous Oxide (N2O) cells. It is a great device for carrying outdoors and when travelling.
- Espresso everywhere – You don’t need to spend your hard earned money on gourmet espressos in neighborhood cafés anymore. Have café style espressos anytime, anywhere!
- Offers you variety – You can also use this coffee maker with a milk frother. Experiment with it to make lattes, cappuccinos, mochas and other drinks with froth.
- Very impressive technology – Many people wonder how the coffee maker managers to build the right pressure in absence of external power supply. Well, the cartridges manage to create a soda-maker type pressure. And the good news is that these cartridges are fully recyclable.
- Great for long evenings – A fully loaded cartridge is capable of delivering four double shots and eight single shots of fine espresso
- Choice in coffee baskets – When you order a Mypressi Twist Portable Espresso Maker, you get a choice of three baskets of coffee. Use them for semi-fine & fine grounds and basket to brew pods.
- Dual showerheads – You get two showerheads for the price of one!
Advantages of the Mypressi Twist Portable Espresso Maker
- No complicated cleaning – The ‘Twist’ as it is fondly called, is very easy to clean. One quick rinse and you are done!
- Smooth extraction every time – The patent for this innovative cartridge technology is pending at the time of writing this review. But, the mechanism does manage to create the right amount of pressure necessary for the perfect shot of espresso every time. The taste is clear and clean, just what coffee lovers like us yearn for!
- Small and compact design – The coffee maker is easy to carry around and small in size. Place it inside the cabinet, on the kitchen countertop or take it with you on a vacation.
So Is This The Coffee Maker For You?
If you like to have your espresso on the go, this is the coffee maker for you. But you need to know that the cartridges don’t come cheap. It has been designed for individual use and will not be very successful for entertaining social gatherings.
All parts of the coffee maker that come in direct contact with water are made in metal. Some users have in the past received defective units but thanks to courteous customer service, these units were reportedly replaced quickly. The product is easy to use but as with any other manual coffee maker, there is some learning curve involved here to. You will need to experiment for a few days before you know how to get your coffee right.
A highly versatile coffee maker, Mypressi Twist Portable Espresso Maker offers value for each penny you spend. It has the potential to help you prepare just the right kind of espresso. Click here to find this coffee maker at the best price on Amazon.