Review: Technivorm Moccamaster 9587 – Coffee Maker Review
If you’re searching for an easy-to-use and simple coffee maker that can brew you flavorful cups of coffee regularly in a jiffy, the Technivorm Moccamaster 9587 Coffeemaker is the right one for you.
The first thing that you will notice about this coffeemaker is design that makes it appear like a commercial coffee maker. It is tall and sturdy, and comes with a pervasive light-up switch. However, its jet speed in brewing the perfect coffee is something that will mesmerize you the most—it takes around 6 minutes to brew a total of 12 cups of coffee! That’s quick, right?
Besides wrapping up flavorful cups of coffee in no time, the model also comes with a promise of long life. The product is also SCAA certified.
What Are The Main Features Of This Coffeemaker?
The first thing which makes us fall in love with the coffee maker is its great quality. Certified by the Specialty Coffee Association of America, this machine offers you a perfect brew with just the right amount of bitterness, flavor and aroma. Some of the other important features of this brewer are listed here:
- A Very Simple Outlook: This coffeemaker does not come packed with amazing features and programs that you may find in its cheaper counterparts. Besides, if you’re looking for a brewer which works overnight to give you a cuppa right in the morning, this one isn’t for you. The absence of auto shut-off, and ‘pause and serve’ feature make it all the more difficult to use and perhaps, tad bit too simple.
- Cheap Parts: Reports about the Technivorm Moccamaster’s usage of cheap parts have been doing rounds. Cheaply manufactured parts, especially the base plate of the carafe and the filter basket, make this otherwise amazing brewer quite difficult to use and handle.
- Durable: Made in Netherlands, this coffeemaker is extremely durable which makes it absolutely perfect for everyday use. It won’t disappoint even those who have a history of not handling kitchen appliances with good care.
- BPA Free: Yes, this amazing coffee brewer comes sans any BPA materials. Ten on ten to Technivorm Moccamaster for this wonderful stroke!
- Problematic Carafe: We won’t really say that the carafe’s bad but sometimes its working isn’t up to the mark. Some people are of the view that the carafe keeps the coffee hot for as much as 5 hours whereas for some others, the carafe fails to keep the coffee hot for even 45 minutes!
What are the advantages of Technivorm Moccamaster?
For you to judge the brewer better, we have listed some advantages of using this appliance—
- Great Quality Coffee: If you’re looking for a coffeemaker that will present you with freshly brewed coffee with great aroma, flavor and the right amount of bitterness, this product is one of the best in the market!
- Very Easy to Use: The maker may not be programmable with hi-tech options, but it is very simple to use. Just put the right amount of coffee grounds into the filter basket, and fill the reservoir with water. Switch it on, and tada! You’re done!
- Super Easy to Clean: This appliance comes with removable parts, including the brew head. And, while Technivorm Moccamaster recommends you to wash every part with hand, after using, we have found it completely dishwasher safe. So, no matter which mode you use, cleaning this appliance is a cake work.
- Durability: As pointed out earlier, Technivorm Moccamaster is much durable, and may last you really long. Besides, the 1-5 years’ warranty makes things all the more easier for you to make a solid investment.
- Brew Speed: With as less as 6 minutes required to brew 12 cups, we would definitely vote this appliance to be one of the quickest brewers out there.
Are There Any Negative Sides to it?
Like all the products, this appliance too has some displeasing aspects. These are listed below just for you—
- Price: Priced at around $300 on sites like Amazon, this is definitely one of the most expensive coffeemakers for home use. However, considering that you get a 1-5 years warranty for it along with the guaranteed durability which makes it last really long (minimum over 2 years at a stretch), the coffeemaker is definitely worth its price.
- Quality of the Maker: Use of cheap and breakable parts for its carafe base and filter basket makes this coffeemaker lose some points as far as the overall construction quality is concerned.
- Appearance: It’s huge (albeit, sturdy) structure makes it look odd in any kitchen. Besides, the cheap plastic get-up may not really suit most kitchen décors. However, if you really want a SCAA certified brewer with amazing brewing capacity, you may as well choose to ignore how it looks! Have a look at the pictures of this product to get a better idea.
- Could Have Been More Versatile: Considering the amount you’re spending on this product, you’d always wish this product to be a bit more versatile with auto shut-off and ‘pause and serve’ options. Besides, the lack of programmable modes, like timer, makes it all the more boring for everyday use.
Should You Buy This Coffee Maker?
With the capability of brewing coffee at the optimal temperatures of 198-2050F, the Technivorm Moccamaster fulfills everyone’s desire to have the perfect cup of coffee always. And, this feature is something which makes the coffeemaker better than most of the cheap or expensive automatic drip brewers in the market.
Yes, coarser grind than finer ones work better with this machine, but you can always resort to experiments.